Friday, June 17, 2011

My Heart


This is my heart. 
I filled it with the things in life that bring me peace, love, joy, courage, strength, etc...
LOVE is featured at the bottom of my heart because LOVE is the most overwhelmingly amazing and powerful emotion I have ever encountered and the very reason I am living a wonderful healthy life today.
Just above that work is a woman with a big poofy dress and top hat. She symbolizes playfulness and dreaming. i think playing pretend is extremely important to personal growth in anyone's childhood including my own, and will always be a source of joyful memory for me. Furthermore playing 'pretend' teaches us how to dream as adults. Something vital to growth and achievement and ultimately happiness. 
To the right of her is a woman in a red dress with outstretched arms, this symbolizes worship. Something very important to me and vital to the health of my heart.
Just above her are several items which bring me joy and are just wonderful little blessings in life: an old tea cup, an old book, an old typwriter. These objects are full of history .... I love history.
A dandilion ripe for the wishing!
Violet wildflowers, an old couple walking in a park. ( Can't wait to do this with my husband one day! ... again dreaming!)
Yellow wildflowers, another tea cup (I imagine it is filled with coffee, since this also brings me joy).
A row of rainboots. Not sure why they make me happy, but they do. Perhaps it's the idea of summer thunderstorms which I've always loved to dance in and play in. 
At the top there is a woman jumping into the air with her arms outstretched. She is filled with joy and excitement. I love this feeling! 
Lastly off the side is a black lace: signifying the beauty of the sacred, ritual, quiet, reflecting moments when to feel life is to sit with others in a quiet room and reflect. 
The peacock is beautiful. The creatures are filled with extravagant beauty. 

These are my secret places of wonder, joy, and love. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment